Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sitting In The Dark With REO Speedwagon...

Judgement day is at hand. No...not all of that doom and gloom that has been recited to you repeatedly by various preachers on the coming of the end...but a completely different kind of J Day altogether. Today is the last day that my publisher's art department has to deliver my newest books cover before my agent bites their heads off. Ahh...it's nice to be represented sometimes. So while I'm sitting here counting the seconds until their midnight deadline of doom...I'm sitting here in the darkness of my dungeon aka my bedroom listening to tunes of old, singing along when I know the words, and vocalizing some unintelligable gibberish when I don't. Perhaps I should look those lyrics up before I make my big stage debut...
REO Speedwagon would be so disappointed in me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all about some wuss rock but the windows media player is on random and who am I to stop progress. Besides, everyone needs a ballad every now and then. Actually, I prefer them. They're the driving force behind every failed relationship I've encountered since age 13. Where would I be today without Poison or Guns N Roses making me come to near tears when my flavor of the week went away during my high school angst? Music was actually the driving force behind 'A Taste of Home'. I used it often to create the mood for the chapters...a Metallica explosion for the action scenes in my head and a good slow hair band love song for the sweet parts. One in particular actually...and a song that so few of you have even experienced. The song is Street of Dreams by Guns N Roses from the Chinese Democracy album that came out a couple of years ago. Man...if you want to feel a man's pain, listen to this song...pure masterpiece in my opinion. 'I don't know just what I should do...everywhere I go I see you...though it's what you planned this much is true...what I thought was beautiful don't live inside of you anymore'. Call me a wimp if you want...but listen to this song and see if it doesn't stir up some 'dumped at the high school prom' emotions. I'll just leave it at that. The rest is for you to figure out...

No comments:

Post a Comment